Samba multiple user authentications & password change

Yashpal Nagar yash at linux-delhi.org
Fri Feb 20 08:01:11 GMT 2004

Dear Samba team,

I want to achive following.

1. I have 70+ clients (mostly on windows 2000, & win XP), i want to
access samba shares with different users / password combinations.
   Everytime i need to logout then login to windows. Otherwise it keep
showing me password incorrect. What is best solution available to it?

2. Since i have 50 + users, i want to facilitate all users to change
their smbpasswd in some convenient way. which  tool can be best.
   swat ? any web based ?

I am using samba 2.2.7a.

Please Help!

Best regards,