converting local path to unc path

Kristof Van Landschoot kvanlandschoot at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 19 14:55:23 GMT 2004

Hi,

Could anyone help me with this issue: I am trying to convert a local file path to an UNC path, on a Mac.  I can't seem to find a Macintosh system call to do this, so I thought there might be a samba call, as samba is the one serving the file in the end.  Of course, if there is such a call, I don't really know if I could access it if it is not available in any library.  Both technically and legally.  So any ideas on that would be useful as well ;-)

thx,
Kristof