System overloaded due to a change in the smb.conf

Don McCall donmccall1 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 18 21:18:49 GMT 2004

We had a case here where we got significant delays due to smb.conf being read/refreshed by a LOT of clients on HP-UX, but the smb.conf file in question was pretty huge.  How big (how many bytes) is your smb.conf file?  do you have includes in it, and how big are they?

David Collier-Brown <David.Collier-Brown at Sun.COM> wrote:
Yikes! Samba normally rereads the conf file if it
detects a change, but it shouldn't be that expensive
an operation...

--dave

--
David Collier-Brown, | Always do right. This will gratify
Sun Microsystems, | some people and astonish the rest.
(905) 415-2849 or x52849 | davecb at canada.sun.com