Using perl for autogenerating Makefile

Daniel Reed n at ml.org
Tue Feb 17 16:24:58 GMT 2004

On 2004-02-17T06:20+0100, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
) would it be ok if I use perl to autogenerate our Makefile
) in samba4 it's much easier to build a dependence tree of the subsystems
) and read in the config.mk files.
)
) I think this should be no problem, because we already depend on perl for
) make proto...

(Samba traditionally builds on systems without Perl installed.)

Is there any particular reason why autotools can not continue to be used to
generate Makefiles, ./configure, etc.?

--
Daniel Reed <n at ml.org>	http://naim-users.org/nmlorg/	http://naim.n.ml.org/
1832 Savior214: that sucks that one day your just gonna die and all that