Authentication failure

Saad A. Al Sakran ssakran.c at stc.com.sa
Sat Feb 14 06:40:51 GMT 2004

Dears,
      I have the following situation. We are using REDHAT 7.3 as a
domain serbver with samba server. The clients also are REDHAT 7.3
workstation. The problem is when some users trying to login from an X
workstation using their domain login they are not able to do so. But
other users can do so from the same X workstation. I got the following
message from messages file on the server.

Feb 13 12:13:21 server_name sshd(pam_unix)[2656]: authentication
failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty=NODEVssh ruser=
rhost=workstation_name user=user_login_name.

Regards,
_______________________________________
Saad A. Al Sakran
Systems Administrator

Disclaimer: The information in this email and in any files transmitted with it,
 is intended only for the addressee and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
 Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you receive this in error,
 please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.
 If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
 any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited.
Statement and opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender, and do not
necessarily reflect those of STC.