smbclient anonymous logins Samba 3.0.1

Esh, Andrew Andrew_Esh at adaptec.com
Thu Feb 12 14:28:17 GMT 2004

Do you have "force group" or "force user" in the global settings section of smb.conf? Samba 3.0.1 will fail to allow tcon and tcon_and_X when the force tags cause a change in uid or gid after the IPC service has already been connected to by the anonymous user. The suggested fix is to move the force tags into the individual shares.