A Simple Compatability Question

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Feb 12 10:15:52 GMT 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 21:03, Heinrich Mislik wrote:
> On 11 Feb 2004, at 11:28, RMoss at cds.ca wrote:
>
> >      I have SAMBA v2.2.7/v2.2.8/v3.0.1.  Are all these version of SAMBA
> > compatible with AIX v5.1/5.2?
>
> I have 2.2.8a as large Filesserver (>1000 connections) On AIX 5.2
> since August 2003. I am currently evalueating 3.0.2. The following
> things apply to both Versions:
>
> Samba compiles with -D_LINUX_SOURCE_COMPAT, this breaks malloc in 64-
> Bit mode. I configured with 'CFLAGS=-U_LINUX_SOURCE_COMPAT'.

Can you give me some more detail on that?

> configure finds strndup and strnlen, both are broken. I changed
> config.h after configuration accordingly. Otherwise 'mangling method
> = hash2' will not work under certain conditions.

Can you please define broken?  Is it that the prototypes are not
correctly defined, and therefore cast-to-int causes problems, or is it
something else?

In both cases, can you write a configure test to fix it (either use our
internal strndup/strnlen, or include the right headers for the
prototype).

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net