FW: [Samba] NTLMv2 in Samba 3.0

Chu, Dan dan.chu at citigroup.com
Wed Feb 11 19:54:41 GMT 2004

I tested NTLMv2 again using the newly created Samba 3.0.2 (I didn't test
3.0.1). It still doesn't seem to work. Has anyone successfully made
NTLMv2 work? If so, can I have a working sample of the smb.conf file?
I have included below entries in my smb.conf (among other entries):
security = server
password server = NTDomainController
client ntlmv2 auth = yes

On both NTDomainController and W2k client, I have Imcompatibilitylevel
set to 3 or 5 from the Registry Editor for LSA. I just cannot map a
drive from W2k client to the Samba server running Solaris 8. Can someone
help out, please?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Dan