winbindd panic daemon dies
jra at samba.org
Wed Feb 11 00:12:11 GMT 2004
On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 08:36:21AM +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 23:10, Andrew Smith-MAGAZINES wrote:
> > Hi Andrew,
> > you are spot on, rpm didn't remove all the old binaries.
> > Ok think I have what you asked for now (at last!), please take a
> > look and let me know if you would like anything else from me,
> That looks disgusting! Thanks!
> I *think* this might be an issue that jra fixed in 3.0.2 release, as jra
> did some last-moment work on our character conversion code.
> Well, I'm not convinced that it is actually 'fixed', but what we need to
> figure out is what character set Microsoft stores their DNS in (as it is
> certainly not our arbitrary 'unix' charset).
> The primary valgrind error is in:
> Find the number of 'c' chars in a string
> size_t count_chars(const char *s,char c)
> smb_ucs2_t *ptr;
> int count;
> push_ucs2(NULL, tmpbuf,s, sizeof(tmpbuf), STR_TERMINATE);
> ==16744== Conditional jump or move depends on uninitialised value(s)
> ==16744== at 0x80CCE9A: count_chars (lib/util_str.c:561)
> ==16744== by 0x81261C5: resolve_ads (libsmb/namequery.c:938)
> ==16744== by 0x812678E: internal_resolve_name
Yes - this looks like the problem I fixed (it's similar to how
I tracked it down).
More information about the samba-technical