Primary Group SID

Bostjan Golob golob at gimb.org
Sun Feb 8 13:41:27 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I have a user with primary group admin, which is mapped to Domain
Admins. I also have domainusers mapped to Domain Users. If I enumerate
the user's groups, I get back only the Domain Users group.

Reading pdb_ldap.c, I have come across a comment:
/* we don't need to store the primary group RID - so leaving it
           'free' to hang off the unix primary group makes life easier
*/

however, when initializing the SAM user from LDAP, the primary group
gets set to Domain Users automatically if the user has no
sambaPrimaryGroupSID attribute.

If this is unwanted, I can try and produce a patch that will get the
group mapping for the user's primary gid (if it exists) and set the
primary group SID accordingly.

Bostjan Golob