Problem with automatic mapping of unknown domains to ourselves

Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE
Sat Feb 7 08:53:29 GMT 2004

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 12:47:45PM -0600, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> set
>
> 	auth methods = guest sam_ignoredomain winbind:ntdomain
>
> I think that our corrent code is structured incorrectly
> but the problem is that we only maintain one domain after
> we map the user.  I think the case should actually be like
> if user exists in domain then assume DOMAIN\user else try our
> local passdb.

This does not explain the comment

       /* do what win2k does.  Always map unknown domains to our own
           and let the "passdb backend" handle unknown users. */

I would feel a lot better if I actually could reproduce the 'do what w2k does'
part. I tried quite hard to reproduce that but could not. Can you explain in
more detail the exact setup you used to find this behaviour with w2k?

Thanks,

Volker