Multiple Domains in one LDAP directory

Pierre Filippone pierre.filippone at retail-sc.com
Fri Feb 6 10:17:08 GMT 2004

Hi,

I read your mail today, so sorry for the late response ;-)

Here's the patch for 3.0.2.rc1, the samba schema and the admin gui.

The admin gui has to be installed as CGI (we use it with Apache) on the
PDC.
You'll need sudo for some smbpasswd calls from the script and some perl
modules
which are not part of a "standard" perl distribution.
I use  perl-ldap-0.31,Net_SSLeay.pm-1.25, IO-Tty-1.02, IO-Socket-SSL-0.95,
Expect-1.15.pm and Convert-ASN1-0.18.

I don't have too much documentation about it (as usual) but you should be
able to install
it without too many difficulties, I  hope.

If you have questions, just ask. If I don't answer right away, it's
because I'll be on vacation
next week.

The ldap user entries have to be prepared with posixaccount attributes,
objectclass=sambasamaccount and
sambadomainname=yourdomainname (works only with the changed samba schema).

The rest (user, group, trust and machine account administration) can be
done with the admin gui.

Cheers, Pierre

Pierre Filippone