bug? Samba ADS member server does _not_ accept userid/pw but only kerberos

Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE
Fri Feb 6 10:11:24 GMT 2004

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 08:08:49PM +0100, Stefan Beck wrote:
> I created two attachments with logs/dumps there.
> Please let me know if you need more data.

Just to make sure: You DC is named IWS82328? It denies anonymous tconX to the
IPC$ share, that's the symptom. No idea why it does it.

As a workaround, could you try to run winbindd (not necessarily nss_winbind)
and give it a valid user/password with 'wbinfo --set-auth-user=user%pass' to
use to connect to the DC? This user does not have to have any rights in the
DC's file system, it just needs a correct password.

Thanks,

Volker