winbindd panic daemon dies

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Feb 5 20:22:18 GMT 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 23:18, ww m-pubsyssamba wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> 	I'm more than happy to help diagnose this bug,
> this issue prevents me from using AD integration and is
> very much in my interest to resolve.

Thanks.  Most people give up with the amount of pain you have taken on
this...

>   Ok I've installed 3.0.2rc2 with developer option and
> generated this out put from valgrind. If you need me to
> run valgrind or winbindd with any particular options let
> me know and I will provide the info,

Something didn't quite work right - the logfile you provided still
doesn't have the line numbers in it.  You need to 'make clean', so all
the .o files are recompiled.

Just check that the CFLAGS for the compile include -gstabs.

Also, the  --num-callers=32 and  --trace-children=yes options to
valgrind can be *very* handy.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org