nmbd error when server name has 15 characters

Matt Seitz seitz at metadata-systems.com
Tue Feb 3 19:40:35 GMT 2004

Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 08:31:54AM -0800, Matt Seitz wrote:
>
>>I'll download the lastest 3.0.2 release candidate and test it.  Could you
>>tell me the files and lines where this was fixed?
>
> It was part of the rewrite I did that added the nstring (name-string)
> type. So it's in a lot of places.

I tracked down the difference between 3.0.0rc1 and 3.0.2rc2.  The behavior of
convert_string has changed.  If all of the following are true, then the 3.0.2rc2
version of convert_string will not print an error message when the converted
string is longer than the maximum destination length:

1.  The source format is not UCS2.
2.  The destination format is not UCS2
3.  The source string is all ASCII

Note:  if any of the above are not true, then convert_string may print an error
message when the converted string is longer than the maximum destination length,