svn commit: samba r4365 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source/client: .

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Dec 26 11:38:50 GMT 2004

On Sun, 2004-12-26 at 19:41, tridge at samba.org wrote:
> Author: tridge
> Date: 2004-12-26 08:41:11 +0000 (Sun, 26 Dec 2004)
> New Revision: 4365
>
> WebSVN: http://websvn.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?view=rev&root=samba&rev=4365
>
> Log:
> added command 'eainfo' to smbclient for displaying binary EA
> contents

While I can't complain about all these nice new features, I'm a bit
worried about smbclient becoming rpcclient.   That is: we made a
decision to declare rpcclient 'developer only' feature, because it was
becoming unmaintainable, particularly in terms of not changing for
scripts.

How do we avoid repeating that?

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at samba.org
Authentication Developer, Samba Team            http://samba.org