Again: delete printer does not work

Martin Zielinski mz at seh.de
Thu Dec 23 07:45:28 GMT 2004

That are good news!
My delete printer command works fine. The problem is the service-list handled
by samba.
Just as a suggestion: I'm working on a driver installer for samba.
The method is, to install a remote and a local printer with the driver
(currently using the rundll32 commands), copy the local registry plus the
magic _p_f_a_n_t_0_m_ key and delete the printers afterwards.
This should fix several problems with missing registry entries like the
SPLUserModePrinterDriver-key or the Default Devicemode. For this purpose it
is not needed to create a printer in the underlying printing subsystem (e.g.
cups). I think, it would be a good thing to have the possibility, to create a
temporary printer object without the need for an "addprinter command".
Usually this command is obsolete, because the command does not receive a
valid device uri (in case of cups) for the new printer.

Bye,
Martin

On Wednesday 22 December 2004 17:14, Rob Foehl wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2004, Martin Zielinski wrote:
> > I'm still not able to delete printers via rpc calls.
> > I'm using Samba 3.0.10 with jerry's printing patch.

[...]

Martin Zielinski                       mz at seh.de
Software Development
SEH Computertechnik GmbH     www.seh.de