svn commit: samba-docs r310 - in trunk/Samba-HOWTO-Collection: .

David Collier-Brown davec-b at rogers.com
Wed Dec 22 22:28:11 GMT 2004

John H Terpstra wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 December 2004 15:34, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
>
>>jht at samba.org wrote:
>>| Author: jht
>>| Date: 2004-12-21 22:25:23 +0000 (Tue, 21 Dec 2004)
>>| New Revision: 310
>>|
>>| WebSVN:
>>
>>http://websvn.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?view=rev&root=samba-docs&rev=31
>>0
>>
>>| Log:
>>| Addd instruction to run autogen.sh.
>>| Modified:
>>|    trunk/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/Compiling.xml
>>
>>you do realize that this is unecessary when using a stable
>>release.  configure is pre-built for you since people may
>>not have the correct version of autoconf.
>

> Ok. Thanks. I'll fix that.

	At the same time, anyone building an unstable
	release will need to run autogen.sh, so the
	instructions probably need to move, rather
	than disappear.

	I get fooled every few years, whenever I start
	building a new branch and wonder what the magic
	trick was, that I had to ask about last year (:-))

--dave