idmap_rid not part of Fedora Core 2 RPMs?

Peter Olivia polivia at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 21 08:52:05 GMT 2004

After much hacking and debugging, I found to my disappointment that
idmap_rid is not getting compiled as part of the Fedora Core 2 RPMs.
3.0.9-FC2 did not have it as part of the package.  I was able to download
the source, do a ./configure -with-shared-modules=idmap_rid and make/make
install to get it running.  However as often as Samba gets updated, it makes
it a pain to keep samba current.  Are there any plans to include idmap_rid
in the default RPM builds?