Andrew Bartlett (RE: Blank Page printing with Samba 3.0)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Dec 21 06:40:40 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 11:00 -0500, Misty Stanley-Jones wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> I was searching the archive and I noticed that you had the above problem
> before:
> http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2003-October/032258.html
>
> I am not sure what you meant by the following:
>
> "I had this, until I realised that our printers took postscript, and I
> just passed it straight-on.  The printer stopped putting out the extra
> page."
>
> Any clarification will be great.  I hope you remember the message. :)

So, CUPS was pushing out a blank page, in the conversion process.  By
removing the conversion process, I skipped having to figure out what was
generating the blank page (presumably in ghostscript, possibly to do
with the settings in the PS driver on the client).

Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org>