Multiple instances of winbindd

Sridhar Venkatakrishnan sridhar.venkatakrishnan at trilogy.com
Mon Dec 20 04:20:19 GMT 2004

Hi,

I was  trying to consolidate multiple samba servers onto a single box
and so was looking at ways of running multiple instances of winbindd (
one for each server ) because I want use the nested groups ability built
into winbindd. I was thinking of adding options to selectively enumerate
users and groups so that only one instance of winbindd would enumerate
domain users while the others would enumerate only their local groups. I
though I'd ask the developer community whether this is the right way to
go. I'm planning to try and implement this in the next few days and
would appreciate any help.

Thanks
Sridhar