svn commit: samba r4267 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source/lib: .

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Sun Dec 19 20:53:06 GMT 2004

Jelmer,

 > What exactly broke it? I don't recall making any changes in that file in
 > Samba4 - was it something else that influenced the behaviour in this file?

It was checkin 3737, which removed the lazy_initialize_iconv()
function. That function was the only place that builtin_functions[]
was referenced, so once it was removed then we never used the builtin
iconv code, and always relied on an external iconv library.

I suppose it goes to show how few testers we have! JBM noticed it
because his system doesn't have an external iconv library, so all
string conversions failed.

Cheers, Tridge