[Samba] [proposal] Samba Software Foundation

samba testing samba_tech0002 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 16 21:56:07 GMT 2004

> Yes it realy sounds wonderful, and the basic idea >
probably is, but I
> dislike the reiteration of personal tastes, and
dislikes.
> Imposing "if xy would say something negative about
me >I'll take my ball
with me and won't play again with you until you would
> force him to
> leave" IMHO sounds too childish in an OSS software
organizations ruleset :-(

dear geza,

thank you for your very valid point.  i was a little
concerned about exactly the issue you mention: that
the proposal would be taken as me (again) trying to
gain something from this (again).

my offer stands - and will always stand.  if in five
minutes, five days, five years or fifty years a samba
foundation is established (irrespective of whether it
is recommended by me or anyone else), and the
conditions i outline _happen_ to be (perhaps even
coincidentally) met, _then_ all samba related code i
have ever written will become wholly owned by that
foundation.

if someone comes up with a better suggestion that
achieves the same goal - furthers the goals of
achieving better integration between windows and unix
- i'd be delighted to hear it, and to post an updated
offer accordingly.

l.