outsourcing DCE/RPC to alternate programs - runtime config option

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat Dec 11 12:12:42 GMT 2004

> I've included a URL to my samr test library.  It's a giant hack and will
> only work for using the net rpc info command.  I literally just return
> static data blobs.  There's a compile flag that can be set to return
> half of the blobs instead of the full blobs which will test the partial
> read/write code.

 now if you wanted to write a real-world example, you could, on the
 client-side, simply splat the contents of the vuid_struct over an
 implementation of the pipe_create function after the connection is
 opened.

 and on the server-side, add an option to smbd to get it to open up an
 extra connection (and e.g. use an smb.conf file that says bind to port 9139
 and 9445 to get the smb listening out the way).

 on receipt of a connection on the extra socket, first thing is to read
 the vuid_struct, then go into read-write looping, jumping the data into
 the pipe transact functions make_internal_pipe_p,
 read_from_internal_pipe, write_to_internal_pipe,
 close_internal_rpc_pipe_hnd.

 ta-da, you're done!

 now you're ready to put the same client-side code in samba 4, and
 you're ready to ROCK!

 l.