xattr performance and Samba4

Mike Gigante mg at sgi.com
Wed Dec 1 06:13:26 GMT 2004

Andrew,

There are 2 more experiments that would definitely be worth running:

1) with the current benchmark config and XFS filesystem, increase the log
size to maximum (32768 blocks)

2) With ext3 and the 400M journal, increase the running time of the
benchmark to say 600 secs?

Have theory, need confirmation!

Mike