PATCH: support for LDAP name<->SID lookups

Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE
Sat Aug 28 09:50:58 GMT 2004

Hi, Luke!

On Sat, Aug 28, 2004 at 04:21:28PM +1000, Luke Howard wrote:
> The adds support (if NCALRPC_FUNNEL is defined) for name<->SID lookups
> over LDAP rather than RPC.

Some time ago I've deliberately taken this away from Samba 3. I wanted to
reduce the call-outs to trusted DCs as much as possible. Samba asks only our
own DC for name2sid and sid2name. In your specific problem this was not
possible? I think if your own DC can't resolve names/sids of domains it trusts
this will not be your worst problem.

Volker