[OpenAFS-devel] IBM public license code (from OpenAFS) in samba/examples/nss ok?

Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE
Thu Aug 26 16:26:37 GMT 2004

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 12:20:25PM -0400, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
> Well, first it should be noted that the majority of AFS traffic is _not_
> encrypted, at least some of the time.  Nearly everything had already been

Hmm. I thought I had seen the ptserver requests from the fileserver being
encrypted, in particular the getcps call. But I might be wrong.

> Similarly, I can write documentation describing the ptserver RPC protocol,
> including telling you what all the RPC's do, what their names are, and what
> the types of their arguments are.  I just can't copy text from IBM's
> documentation or code.

Ok, that helps, thanks. Another question: What about the output of rxgen? Is
that also covered by the IBM public license? Do I have to write my own rxgen?
Or just write the marshalling/unmarshalling manually?

Volker