Resier4 and streams

David Collier-Brown davec-b at rogers.com
Wed Aug 25 13:36:53 GMT 2004

   This was also a feature of the "port" research operating
system at U of Waterloo.  They found it very useful for
managing source trees (foo.c could optionally be a directory
with intel, mips and motorola branches), but also a "lock-in"
feature.
   The feature made it hard to port apps which knew about the
feature (:-()

--dave