new talloc stuff

Simo Sorce idra at samba.org
Mon Aug 23 10:18:25 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 11:42, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:

> Stefan (metze) Metzmacher schrieb:
>
> | Hi tridge,
> |
> | while reading through your new stuff I found it very confusing to have
> | lines like this
> |
> | fnum = create_complex_file(cli, cli, fname);
> | if (!resolve_name(name, name, &ip, name_type)) {

I think this is a quick fix to let things compile, things should
smoothly change while things get more and more used, I don't see any
special problem reading this code anyway.

> an other question:
>
> is the talloc stuff thread safe, I notice all the DLIST_* ops,
> (maybe I need to look at the code more detailed:-)

Metze unless you're thiking of sharing the same talloced memory between
different process I find it difficult to think how this talloc
implementation can be a problem wrt thread safeness.

Simo.

Simo Sorce    -  idra at samba.org
Samba Team    -  http://www.samba.org
Italian Site  -  http://samba.xsec.it