Samba3 backend for pidl?

Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE
Mon Aug 16 10:08:51 GMT 2004

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 08:00:42PM +1000, Tim Potter wrote:
> It would certainly be possible, although I would guess that it may be
> easier to write glue routines to convert the code in
> librpc/gen_ndr/ndr_foo.c to rpc_client/cli_foo.c and
> rpc_server/srv_foo{,_nt}.c  I'm sure that's what you, Jerry and Jelmer
> have been doing and it looks like it hasn't worked (twice?).

The problem is: I was there, did that. It worked. Then a day later I took the
then-current stuff from Samba 4 and had to do most of the work again, because
stuff had changed. Then I started discussing stuff with Jerry and we came to
the 'moving target' conclusion. Thus my idea to create a separate pidl backend
that might be a bit more stable in the stuff it generates.

Volker