Close samba-cvs mailing list?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Aug 14 02:00:47 GMT 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 18:50, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 14, 2004 at 11:35:25AM +1000, Tim Potter wrote:
> > I'm guessing it would be unpopular.
> >

> I would not like that either.

What I'm trying to understand is why - we discussed this morning about
how people find it hard to follow that any Samba development occurs, and
given the now reduced volume on samba-cvs, why shouldn't it be on the
main list?

If people can't/wont describe their development in great detail on
samba-technical@ before they commit, why not at least describe it there
after it?

My hope is that this would make the list more relevant, particularly
given recent complaints to that effect.