Close samba-cvs mailing list?

Tim Potter tpot at samba.org
Sat Aug 14 01:35:25 GMT 2004

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 02:44:36PM -0700, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> My proposal is that we close the samba-cvs mailing list, and redirect it
> to samba-technical.
>
> Unlike CVS, SVN no longer gives us 20 mails per commit, and we already
> redirect followup comments to the samba-technical list.  Much of Samba's
> recent development has focused on IRC, so we should work to concentrate
> that e-mail based status information.
>
> What do people think?

There are currently 1081 people subscribed to samba-technical and 132
to samba-cvs.  Assuming that everyone subscribed to cvs is also
subscribed to technical (I haven't checked this), that leaves a
significant number of people who aren't interested in commit messages.
Presumably they would be subscribed to the cvs list if they were.

I'm guessing it would be unpopular.

Tim.