Accessing Samba with Pocket PC 2003

Florian Pressler florianp at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 13 18:17:14 GMT 2004

Jeremy wrote:

>>If Samba is making the same assumption I did (extended security ->
>>client must support NT error codes) this could be the reason for the
>>failed negotiation.
>
>Very interesting -  thanks. Florian, can you try setting the
>[global] parameter :
>
>nt status support = no
>
>in your smb.conf and see if this fixes the problem. That
>would give me a much clearer idea of what may be going on.

Hello Jeremy,

I have modified the Samba-configuration as you suggested and retried to
connect to LINUXSERVER with NAVI-SYS. It failed with the same errormessage
(on the PDA). I provide the sniffer-trace of this test at

http://fp.ath.cx/pocketpc-samba-ntstatusno.dump

Perhaps this clears things up a little...

bye,
Florian