svn commit: samba r1720 - branches/SAMBA_3_0/source/utils trunk/source/utils

Vance Lankhaar vance at samba.org
Thu Aug 12 04:53:47 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 09:51, Rafal Szczesniak wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 06:21:00PM +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 01:59:46PM +0200, Guenther Deschner wrote:
> > > quite easy: I just checked out $SERVER/samba and below samba I call
> >
> > Ok, I did not do this quite yet as this probably is huge :-)
>
> Not so horrible, but growing fast as you've joined the 3.2-merge efforts
> :-)
>
> Besides, we're in US, so take an opportunity to use fast links ;)
>

> cheers,

Or, read the following log:

--- Topic for #svn is Subversion 1.1.0-rc2 is released.
http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/NewsItemView?newsItemID=857
--- Topic for #svn set by breser at Tue Aug 10 15:06:36 2004
<vance> is it possible to check out myRepo/trunk and
myRepo/branches/branchFoo such that I don't get any other branches or
any thing in myRepo/tags, and such that I can then commit to both
myRepo/branches/branchFoo and myRepo/trunk ?
<ghudson> Yes, with 1.1.
<ghudson> Do a non-recursive checkout of the root (svn co -N rooturl).
Within there, do "svn up trunk" to get the trunk, and "svn up -N
branches" to get the branches directory.  Within branches, do "svn up
branchfoo" to get the branch you want.
<ghudson> In 1.0, non-recursive checkouts are too broken to make that
work.  In 1.1, they're still a bit dodgy, but good enough to do what you
want.
<vance> ghudson: okay, so with my 1.0.5 I'm screwed... do I need a
server upgrade to use 1.1 client?
<ghudson> Nope.  Though some operations will get a bit slower until you
upgrade the server to 1.1, because the new history-following code is a
bit slow against a 1.0 server.
<ghudson> But not so bad as to be unusable.
<ghudson> svn.collab.net (which hosts the Subversion project) is still
running 1.0 and we use 1.1 client code against it all the time.

Cheers, Vance