Andrew Bartlett, Q about what you wrote... -> Re: todo list

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Sun Aug 8 11:21:14 GMT 2004

Andrew Bartlett wrote:

  >  - Netlogon server works:
>    - The existing Netlogon server is just enough to get WinXP to log
> in.  We need torture tests written, and code fixed on that basis.

Hi Andrew, or other Samba experts.

Based on the above, it leads me to think there is much XP would like to issue / call on a Samba server which Samba does not have code to respond to. Does that visibly hinder XP, or is it just under
the covers things which are hindered?

If one were considering rolling out several thousand Windows boxes to be clients in Samba 3.0.5 PDC's and both Win2K and WinXP were options, based on what Samba is today would the suggestion be to
stick to Win2K?

TIA for any input towards that very question.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems