solved: Problem using CP850 with samba-3.0.4

Yasuma Takeda yasuma at miraclelinux.com
Wed Aug 4 08:43:19 GMT 2004

Hi,

Alexander Bokovoy wrote:

>>>Sounds good - Sounds like you know the right teacher ;-)
>>

> I don't have Solaris box anywhere close to me... Anyone with it willing to
> help?

I installed samba-3.0.4 with libiconv on Solaris 9.
Following is my installation for using Japanese(CP932).

1. Installed libiconv to /usr/local/lib
    # ./configure
    # LD_RUN_PATH=/usr/local/lib make
    # make install

2. Installed samba to /usr/local/samba
    # LD_RUN_PATH=/usr/local/lib ./configure --with-libiconv=/usr/local
    # LD_RUN_PATH=/usr/local/lib make
    # make install

If LD_RUN_PATH was not set at the installation of samba,
the detection of libiconv failed.
Because the test program compiled by the configure
couldn't link the libiconv.

Because I am not familiar with Solaris, I don't know whether
this is correct way. But I can use CP932 and so on.

Best regards,
Yasuma Takeda <yasuma at miraclelinux.com>