deleteprinterdriverex does not delete files

Martin Zielinski mz at seh.de
Mon Apr 26 13:02:28 GMT 2004

Hello list,
since upgrading from 3.0.2a to 3.0.3rc1 the deleteprinterdriverex call
does no longer delete the driver files on my system.

It seems to me, that the unix_convert() function in filename.c is responsible
for it.
I'm not aware of the changes from  Alexander Bokovoy, but after re-adding the
unix_format(name)-  unix_clean_name(name)- and trim_char(name,'/','/')- calls
into the unix_convert - function, it's working again.

I added this debug output to smbd/reply.c can_delete() just before
	if (SMB_VFS_LSTAT(conn,fname,&sbuf) != 0) { :

	DEBUG(0,("LSTAT: \"%s\"\n", fname));
Output:
	./\W32X86\3\PSCRIPT5.DLL

BTW, what do you think about adding the deleteprinterdriverex call to
rpcclient? There is currently some functionality to add driver files
(cupsaddsmb) but no to delete them.

Thanks,
Martin

Martin Zielinski                       mz at seh.de