GDB a VFS module

Jagan jaganra at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 22 01:32:07 GMT 2004

I was able to gdb  my vfs module in vfstest. However a
peculiar thing happened. I am compiling
The module abc.so with some libraries of my own. On a
make modules from samba/source the make
Went through smoothly but the libraries never got
linked. On a run from vfstest – function foo in abc.so
makes a
Call to function ‘bar’ which was never linked in. I am
wondering how the .so’s for vfs modules don’t track
Library dependencies. Does it just assume that
everything will be dynamically linked in.

Question 2: How does vfstest have its LD_LIBRARY_PATH
linked in??

Jagan