a proposal for Samba 3.5

Tim Potter tpot at samba.org
Mon Apr 19 21:39:03 GMT 2004

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 10:37:54AM -0700, Richard Sharpe wrote:

> > I was thinking about rpcclient commands that are useful to discover
> > internals of Windows domains (typically, commands that send operations
> > to the samr, lsarpc,... interfaces).
>
> Not sure what we would call it though? rpcclient? :-)

I agree that rpcclient is actually a useful command for the reasons
mentioned (mostly poking around internals).  I think the problem is that
the individual rpcclient commands have been written by hand so there are
plenty of a) missing/incomplete commands, and b) crash bugs in argument
testing.

Perhaps we can write a pidl backend that autogenerates a lot of the
pieces we are missing.  Or, write some python extensions.  (-:

Tim.