svn commit: samba r264 - in branches/tmp/VOYAGER/source: groupdb include libsmb nsswitch passdb smbd

Simo Sorce idra at samba.org
Mon Apr 19 16:16:09 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 18:02, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> Yes, you are right. But for example lookup_name in smbd does a
> winbind_lookup_name first and then goes to its local stuff. This can't be
> called in winbind as we end up with the same recursion that the unix domain
> socket ought to solve.

This is a good point.

> > I'm not against the idea of smbd using a socket (already done for the
> > buildfarm, just reuse that code please) or winbindd communicating with
> > smbd. Just asking if that is the right thing to do.
>
> I think it is. But again, this is my humble opinion. It seems to be working
> code, and unless I see a different implementation that solves the same problem
> this implementation solves, I (I'm not asking for help, did you notice?) will
> pursue *my* way. You are free to call me stupid, stubborn and anything else,
> but I like it that way. BTW, this is the very reason why there is a separate
> branch. Feel free to do the tmp/idra implementation of you own.

I was just trying to follow your reasoning, there's no need to call you
stupid or such (and there's no need to say you're not). I'll try not to
follow your progress if you prefer, or just ignore my questions if you
have no time. I'm not questioning at all your branch, just curious.

Simo.

Simo Sorce    -  idra at samba.org
Samba Team    -  http://www.samba.org
Italian Site  -  http://samba.xsec.it