svn commit: samba r264 - in branches/tmp/VOYAGER/source: groupdb include libsmb nsswitch passdb smbd

Sun Apr 18 20:28:36 GMT 2004

On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 10:23:34PM +0200, Simo Sorce wrote:
> The real question was: why do winbindd need to call smbd? (I suppose it
> is through rpc). Winbindd can have direct access to all informations it
> needs.

It's a matter of my personal taste. We do have a perfectly working
implementation of group and alias listing, why duplicate that in
winbindd_passdb.c? This way winbindd_passdb can go away again.

I simply like having as little code as possible.

Volker