a plan for ADS, LDAP and ldb

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Sat Apr 17 15:40:12 GMT 2004

Gémes,

 > Will ldb be able to use another datasources? Eg ldb acting as a frontend
 > to an SQL based database?

ldb currently has backends for tdb and LDAP. I plan on adding bdb
(sleepycat) at some stage. If someone wanted to add SQL then they
could, although I have no plans for that myself.

You could use the LDAP backend to ldb then use the SQL backend to
OpenLDAP, but I don't know if that would pass through sufficient
features to work (I have never tried the SQL backend to OpenLDAP).

Cheers, Tridge