Samba's response to a node status query includes a MAC Addr of 0:0:0:0:0:0

Richard Sharpe rsharpe at richardsharpe.com
Fri Apr 16 18:20:30 GMT 2004

Hi,

In looking at the output from the nmblookup -A <node-name> command, I
noticed that Samba is responding incorrectly to a node status query.

We are returning all zeros for the piece after the list of names, when we
should probably return at least the MAC address of the interface that the
query packet came in on (if we can figure that out) or the MAC addr of the
primary interface ...

I imagine that that code is in nmbd.

Would it be important to fix?

Regards