a proposal for Samba 3.5

Henrik Nordstrom hno at squid-cache.org
Fri Apr 16 16:59:02 GMT 2004

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, Jean-Baptiste Marchand wrote:

> Just to say that rpcclient is a very useful tool, at least for
> penetration testers and systems administrators in Windows environment...

As already expressed in this thread: The useful RPC functions at least to
systems administrators belongs in the net command, with a proper
implementation.

> But I suppose it is hard to speak about porting rpcclient to Samba4
> without volunteering to do the work...

I would suggest you to go over the list of commands in rpcclient and
determine which you see useable and which do not yet have a counterpart in
the net command (or other Samba commands). Then propose this list of
commands to the samba-technical list, preferably with a bit of motivation
to each command.  It is not very meaningful to discuss the rpcclient tool
as such but it is meaningful to discuss the useful functions it does
provide and how these functions is best provided by Samba.

Regards
Henrik