Oracle Reports in my samba server are very slow

Malkiat Singh Chandi malkiat.singh at dsgroupindia.com
Fri Apr 16 05:34:20 GMT 2004

Hello

On my database server-I I have Oracle 9i loaded under Redhat Linux 8.0.
On this server also I loaded my application which is developed in
Oracle Forms and Reports .

When I run an Oracle report from this server  using this server's samba it
takes
4 minutes.

On another server-II again a Linux Server  which has same application code
loaded.
If use server-II 's  samba for application and server-I's database and run
same
report it takes more than 40 minutes to run i.e. 10 times slower.

Also when I work with Oracle Forms it works same on both the servers.

Can anyone help me in fixing this problem.

Thanks in advance for quick solution.

M S Chandi