Confused .....

Ken Stone ken at sdd.hp.com
Thu Apr 15 23:07:53 GMT 2004

Ok ... So I pulled down subversion and built it and have been trying to
figure out how to pull down current samba bits with it for 3 days now :-) ....

The issues are as follows ....

* Inside HP, of course I am behind a firewall ... must use socks or
  some form of proxy for outside access.

* Subversion is a real PITA as far as trying to build with socks

* svnanon.samba.org appears to only take svn:// URLs and does not appear
  to support http:// URLs using webDAV which can be proxy'd ...

I can't be alone here in trying to pull over this stuff .... Been doing the
cvs updates for years to get current bits ...

Thoughts ?

  -- Ken