_samr_remove_sid_foreign_domain

Simo Sorce idra at samba.org
Thu Apr 15 16:41:59 GMT 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 18:22, Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 10:54:21AM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> > Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE wrote:
> > >Hi!
> > >
> > >Does anybody have any idea what _samr_remove_sid_foreign_domain
> > > is supposed to do? When does a client issue it, and what does it
> > > do to the SAM?
> >
> > It shows up when removing a client remotely via user manager.
>
> Thanks.
>
> The IDL should look like
>
>         NTSTATUS samr_RemoveMemberFromForeignDomain(
>                 [in,ref]    policy_handle *handle,
>                 [in,ref]    dom_sid2      *sid
>                 );
>
> where handle in my test is a domain handle for S-1-5-32 of the remote DC. sid
> is the workstation account to be removed via the server manager.
>
> Right after that call you see the corresponding DeleteUser request.
>
> To me it looks as if for us this is a complete no-op, especially as upon remote
> creation of the workstation account there is no corresponding
> AddMemberToForeignDomain call or so.
>
> Would anybody object if I (at least in VOYAGER) set this call to 'check whether
> the handle points to builtin' and then do nothing? Messing around with groups
> here looks really wrong to me.

To me it seem you should clear out the password of the workstation
account with this function but that's just speculation.
You may try to issue that call against a wks account with rpcclient
without actually deleting the account and see what happen.

Simo.
Simo Sorce    -  idra at samba.org
Samba Team    -  http://www.samba.org
Italian Site  -  http://samba.xsec.it