compiling problem on samba-3.0.3pre2

Green, Paul Paul.Green at stratus.com
Wed Apr 14 19:30:55 GMT 2004

Jianliang Lu [mailto:j.lu at tiesse.com] wrote:

> I've patched the configure.in like Andrew Esh did, by
> moving "AC_CHE..." from bottom to seventh line , it worked,
> but I don't know if is correct operation.  I'd like to have
> some suggestions from Samba team about this issue. The
> autoconf I used is 2.57.

Please try downloading a fresh copy of the SAMBA_3_0 branch.  Revision 144
has my changes to fix this problem in place.  (We are currently around
revision 221).  Make certain you get the subversion archives, not the cvs
archives, as the cvs archives are no longer maintained.  Visit
http://www.samba.org for info on using subversion.

Your version of autoconf should not matter.

Thanks
PG
--
Paul Green, Senior Technical Consultant, Stratus Technologies.
Samba Team Member