Need advice on smbldap-passwd "I/O Error" when normal user want to change passwd

Jérôme Tournier jerome.tournier at idealx.com
Fri Apr 9 18:51:50 GMT 2004

Le Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 04:15:01PM +0800, Suhaimi Jamalludin a ecrit:
> I manage to change normal user password when I a root. However if I'm
> normal user I got "I/O" Error?
> What can be wrong here?
That's because you are using certificate that are read only for root. I
didn't thought about this problem. I think i'll make a patch to allow
connection without certificates when smbldap-passwd is called from a non
root user.
For now, give the certificates and key of the smbldap-tools read only for
every body.
--
Jérôme