Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Apr 9 00:11:18 GMT 2004

> Ideally, I would love for cupsaddsmb to be able to link to a
> SMB+RPC library provided by Samba so that all of this external
> command stuff could go away.  AFAIK, only the SMB client library
> is installed in Samba 3.0, and none of the RPC is available
> there...

> Regardless of the interface, we want a documented and stable
> interface we can use to export printer drivers to Windows
> clients.

my intent was always to work towards a full network-compliant set
of Win32 functions.

i.e. ultimately, you'd simply be able to compile your printer
drivers linked to Wine or Samba-based Win32 compatible
functions, and to not have to modify a single line of your code.

l.

expecting email to be received and understood is a bit like
picking up the telephone and immediately dialing without
checking for a dial-tone; speaking immediately without listening
for either an answer or ring-tone; hanging up immediately and
believing that you have actually started a conversation.